Wake-on-LAN usually needs to be enabled in the Power Management section of the motherboard's BIOS. WOL enabling item name can differ according to the BIOS manufacturer (Wake On LAN, Wake Up by LAN, Wake Up On LAN, Power On by LAN, Power Up by LAN, Power On by PCI Devices, Power On by PCIE Devices, Resume On PCI Event, Resume by LAN, Resume By WOL, Resume On LAN, Resume On LAN/PME#, Wake on LAN from S5, WOL (PME#) From Soft-Off, PME Events Wake Up, Resume by PME# Function, Resume On PME#, Wake On PME, Wake Up On PME, MAC Resume From S3/S4, MACPME Power Up Control, etc.). To get the detailed information on how to enable WOL in the BIOS of your motherboard please refer to Motherboard User Manual or to the system manufacturer.
The motherboard must be in sleep (System Power State G1-S1, G1-S2 or G1-S3), hibernate (System Power State G1-S4) or shut down (System Power State G2-S5) state. Mechanical Off (System Power State G3) is not supported, that means that the AC adapter was not turned of after the last shut down.
The second requirement is that Wake on LAN must be enabled in the Network Adapter settings of the operating system. This can be done from the properties of the network adapter in the Device Manager. Follow the steps below to enable Wake on LAN for Microsoft Windows:
1. Open "Device Manager".
2. In the window opened expand the "Network adapters" node.
3. Select the adapter you want to configure to receive WOL packages, click on right click it and select "Properties" item in the drop-down menu.
4. In the dialog opened switch to the "Advanced" tab.
5. Change "Shutdown Wake-On-Lan" or "Wake-on-LAN after shutdown" or "Wake From Shutdown" property to Enabled.
6. Change "Wake on Magic Packet" property to Enabled or for "Wake-Up Capabilities" property choose Magic Packet value.
7. In the dialog opened switch to the "Power Management" tab
8. Check "Allow this device to wake the computer" and Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option.
9. Check "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer" option to make sure it does not wake up on every single network activity that occurs.
10. Press "OK" button to proceed.
Go to product page